Let’s be honest. I rarely make low-fat or diet recipes. Too often they taste like they belong in the trash and I’m more than happy to deliver them to their home (the waste bin). However, if a recipe is delicious and just happens to be low-fat then color me interested. I think the delicious part sold me. What’s more, this recipe couldn’t be any easier, I mean, it has 3 ingredients!
The recipe is also something that you can throw together quickly. You know, just in case little Johnny tells you he is supposed to bring snacks to school tomorrow. I may or may not have done this to my Mom. Sorry, Mom!
Skinny Pineapple Fluff Cupcakes
Serving Size: 12 cupcakes
Time: 30 Minutes + 1.5 hours to cool and chill
18.25 oz. boxed yellow cake mix
20 oz. can of crushed pineapple in juice
20 oz. can of crushed pineapple in juice, drained
8 oz. whipped topping
1. Combine boxed cake mix with crushed pineapple in juice (undrained) with a handheld mixer. The pineapple juice is essential to making the cupcakes moist.
2. Pour mixture into lined cupcake tins. Fill each tin 2/3 full.
3. Bake cupcakes in accordance with the directions on the boxed cake mix.
4. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before icing, around 30 minutes.
5. Combine the drained crushed pineapple and whipped topping. Stir together.
6. Spoon frosting onto cupcakes. Chill cupcakes for 1 hour.
7. Serve and be amazed!
Have you tried this recipe yet? What are you waiting for?! You’ll wonder how anything so simple can be so good.