Does anyone else wake up on Monday feeling as if they need more sleep? I’m all for appreciating each day of the week, but I can definitively say that Monday has always been my least favorite. On Mondays, I’ve been known to daydream about rushing home to take off my makeup and put on my pajamas. You could say that cooking an elaborate Monday meal isn’t usually on the menu. That’s why I always keep the ingredients for queso and something simple like fajitas for Mondays!
While this queso isn’t exactly a complete meal, I have been known to treat it as such. It’s that delicious! I mean, this recipe can be made in less than one hour. It’s so easy to throw together! This recipe makes a great deal of queso, so it’s okay to halve the recipe if you want. If you bring this to a party be prepared to leave with an empty bowl!
The Tastiest Queso Ever
Time: 8 minutes + 1 hour cook time
32-ounce block Original Velveeta Cheese
8-ounces cream cheese
10-ounce can Rotel (original)
10.75-ounce can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 lb. sausage (can substitute ground beef)
1. Brown sausage or beef in a skillet over medium heat. Break apart meat with a spatula, making sure to brown thoroughly. Drain grease and set aside.
2. Cut Velveeta and cream cheese into squares to speed up the melting process. Add cheese to crockpot.
3. Add mushroom soup and Rotel to crockpot and stir. Turn the crockpot on low heat and let cook for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, add meat and stir. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
5. Queso is complete! Turn crockpot to warm and serve.
I sincerely hope that you make yourself some queso very soon! You have never tasted queso this delicious! Don’t fret, either; tomorrow is Tuesday!